Results 5th stage 2022 Tour of the Alps
1. Thibaut Pinot (fra)
2. David de la Cruz (spa) + 0.07
3. Lennard Kämna (ger) + 1.46
4. Igor Arrieta (spa) + 2.43
5. Torstein Træen (nor) + 3.26
6. Andrey Amador (Cri) + 8.09
7. Michael Storer (aus) + 8.36
8. Romain Bardet (fra) s.t.
9. Thymen Arensman (nld) + 8.38
10. Atilla Valter (hun) + 9.15
1. Romain Bardet (fra)
2. Michael Storer (aus) + 0.14
3. Thymen Arensman (nld) + 0.16
4. Pello Bilbao (spa) + 0.37
5. Attila Valter (hun) + 0.49
6. Felix Gall (aut) + 0.53
7. Richie Porte (aus) + 1.00
8. Santiago Buitrago (col) + 1.57
9. Hugh Carthy (gbr) + 2.08
10. Pavel Sivakov (fra) + 2.13
After 23 kilometres of hard racing a group of 14 riders jumps clear before two of them emerge after the first climb. De La Cruz and Pinot push on together to put more than 12 minutes into the peloton. The first chasers are Amador, Arrieta, Kämna and Træen, but they are not getting any closer.
Pinot drops De la Cruz on the steep climb to Stronach to reach the summit with a lead of 12 seconds. Meanwhile, Bardet attacks on the lower slopes from the GC group. Leader Bilbao loses contact.
Bardet, Storer and Arensman push on with three on the steep ramps, while De la Cruz rejoins Pinot back in the valley.
Pinot takes the spoils in the ensuing sprint before his compatriot Bardet secures the GC triumh by finishing 39 seconds ahead of Bilbao, who drops to fourth place. Storer and Arensman round out the final podium at the Tour of the Alps.
Another interesting read: route 5th stage 2022 Tour of the Alps.
Tour of the Alps 2022 stage 5: route, profile, more
Click on the images to zoom