Results 6th stage 2019 Tour Colombia
1. Nairo Quintana (col)
2. Iván Sosa (col) + 0.08
3. Miguel Ángel López (col) s.t.
4. Egan Bernal (col) + 0.16
5. Rigoberto Uran (col) + 1.01
6. Daniel Martínez (col) s.t.
7. Jhojan García (col) + 1.27
8. Didier Chaparro (col) + 1.32
9. Sergio Henao (col) + 1.36
10. Jhonatan Narváez (ecu) + 1.40
GC after stage 6
1. Miguel Ángel López (col)
2. Iván Sosa (col) + 0.04
3. Daniel Martínez (col) + 0.42
4. Egan Bernal (col) + 0.54
5. Nairo Quintana (col) + 1.04
6. Rigoberto Uran (col) + 1.31
7. Julien Alaphilippe (fra) + 1.33
8. Sergio Henao (col) + 2.41
9. Richard Carapaz (ecu) + 2.46
10. Rodrigo Contreras (col) + 2.47
A lot of movement after the start in El Retiro, but it takes some 70 kilometres for the breakaway to form. Diego Ochoa, Wilmar Paredes, Edwin Ávila and Alex Cano take up the gauntlet and they put almost 4 minutes into the peloton.
Ochoa, Ávila and Cano hit the final climb less than 1 minute ahead of the main group. Shortly, they are reeled in. Chris Froome is setting the pace in the peloton. Still, Kevin Rivera manages to open up a gap. Winner Anacona goes after him to leave him behind.
Miguel Ángel López opens fire with 6 kilometres to go. Nairo Quintana counter attacks with Egan Bernal on his wheel. They join Anacona, while leader Julian Alaphilippe is dropped.
López and Iván Sosa bridge across to the front. Sosa and Quintana are hindered by an excited fan and Bernal waits to help his compatriot get back. Meanwhile, López powers on stoically.
In the last kilometre Sosa rejoins López, but a cat and mouse play of the two potential GC winners allows Quintana to bridge back up. The more experienced of the Colombians immediately attacks and solos to the win.
The duo crosses the line 8 seconds behind the stage winner, wich means López wins the GC 4 seconds ahead of Sosa and 42 seconds ahead of Daniel Felipe Martínez.
Ensuing read: route 6th stage 2019 Tour Colombia.
Tour Colombia 2019: route, profile, more
Click on the images to zoom