Results 14th stage 2022 Vuelta
1. Richard Carapaz (ecu)
2. Miguel Ángel López (col) + 0.08
3. Primoz Roglic (slo) s.t.
4. João Almeida (por) + 0.27
5. Carlos Rodriguez (spa) + 0.36
6. Enric Mas (spa) s.t.
7. Thymen Arensman (nld) + 0.51
8. Remco Evenepoel (bel) + 0.56
9. Juan Ayuso (spa) s.t.
10. Wilco Kelderman (nld) + 1.24
11. Ben O’Connor (aus) + 1.26
13. Tao Geoghegan Hart (gbr) + 1.40
GC after stage 14
1. Remco Evenepoel (bel)
2. Primoz Roglic (slo) + 1.49
3. Enric Mas (spa) + 2.43
4. Carlos Rodriguez (spa) + 3.46
5. Juan Ayuso (spa) + 4.53
6. Miguel Ángel López (col) + 6.02
7. João Almeida (por) + 6.49
8. Wilco Kelderman (nld) + 6.56
9. Tao Geoghegan Hart (gbr) + 8.49
10. Ben O’Connor (aus) + 9.12
11. Thymen Arensman (nld) + 9.14
Attacks are flying during the first 70 kilometres of the race. Then Alexey Lutsenko and Richard Carapaz give it a go. Clément Champoussin, Luis León Sánchez, Bruno Armirail, Filippo Conca, Kenny Elissonde and Mads Pedersen are the first to rejoin them, while Raúl García Pierna and Marco Brenner bridge across later.
Carapaz is the first rider to crest the Puerto de Siete Pilillas. The peloton is more than 4 minutes in arrears. Which is the widest gap of the day.
The gap falls below 3 minutes on the Puerto de los Villares. Sánchez reaches the summit 15 seconds ahead of Champoussin, Carapaz, Conca and Armirail.
The Spaniard is accompanied by Carapaz at the foot of the finish climb. Champoussin and Conca also make it across in the climb.
The peloton is less than 1 minute in arrears when Roglic attacks from the GC group when the climb ramps up in the last 4 kilometres. Meanwhile, Carapaz strikes in the lead group.
Mas and López go after Roglic, while Evenepoel can’t follow their pace. The two regain contact with Roglic inside the last 3 kilometres. Mas drops back before the other two push on.
Carapaz enters the last kilometre 11 seconds ahead of Roglic and López. The Olympic Champion and he manages to hold off the two chasers to take his second stage win in three days.
Evenepoel crosses the line 48 seconds behind Roglic, but he stays in the race lead. Roglic still sits in second, 1.49 minutes behind La Roja with Mas almost 1 minutes further behind.
Another interesting read: route 14th stage 2022 Vuelta.
Vuelta 2022 stage 14: routes, profiles, more
Click on the images to zoom