Results 10th stage 10
1. Kristian Sbaragli (ita)
2. John Degenkolb (ger) s.t.
3. José Joaquin Rojas (spa) s.t.
4. Tosh Van der Sande (bel) s.t.
5. José Concalves (por) s.t.
6. Matteo Montaguti (ita) s.t.
7. Jens Keukeleire (bel) s.t.
8. Daryl Impey (rsa) s.t.
9. Pieter Serry (bel) s.t.
10. Valerio Conti (ita) s.t.
GC after stage 10
1. Tom Dumoulin (nld)
2. Joaquim Rodriguez (spa) + 0.57
3. Esteban Chaves (col) + 0.59
4. Nicolas Roche (irl) + 1.07
5. Fabio Aru (ita) + 1.13
6. Alejandro Valverde (spa) + 1.17
7. Nairo Quintana (col) s.t.
8. Chris Froome (gbr) + 1.18
9. Rafal Majka (pol) + 1.47
10. Domenico Pozzovivo (ita) + 1.52
Attacks galore! But it’s only after 15 km’s when Vasil Kiryienka is the first rider to get clear. After soloing for 6 km’s he is caught.
While climbing Puerto del Oronet the break of the day is off. An impressive troup of 40 riders race to a 2’30” lead. Zoidl and Verona think it is too crowded and they break from the break to a 1 minute gain. Meanwhile Caleb Ewan leaves the Vuelta.
The duo is brought back and the peloton doesn’t want to be fooled and reels the enormous front group in with 55 km left. A little later Terpstra goes solo, but his effort is in vain, albeit he pushes hard for around 20 km’s.
Alessandro De Marchi gives it a go at Alto del Desierto de las Palmas with Romain Sicard bridging the gap. Kenny Elissonde also hooks up and without much of a delay he attacks. In the drop they regroup, while the decimated bunch is at 0’37 when cresting.
Once down the lead is down to 0’17” and with 4 km’s left the escapees are caught. It boils down to a sprint with Kristian Sbaragli powering to the win.
Vuelta 2015 stage 10: Route maps, height profiles, and more
Click on the images to zoom.