Results 7th stage 2022 Volta a Catalunya
1. Andrea Bagioli (ita)
2. Attila Valter (hun) s.t.
3. Fernando Barceló (spa) s.t.
4. Juan Ayuso (spa) s.t.
5. Dylan Teuns (bel) s.t.
6. Guillame Martin (fra) s.t.
7. Nairo Quintana (col) s.t.
8. Carlos Verona (spa) s.t.
9. Sergio Higuita (col) s.t.
10. Richard Carapaz (ecu) s.t.
1. Sergio Higuita (col)
2. Richard Carapaz (ecu) + 0.16
3. João Almeida (por) + 0.52
4. Nairo Quintana (col) + 0.53
5. Juan Ayuso (spa) + 1.08
6. Ben O’Connor (aus) + 1.10
7. Tobias Halland Johannessen (nor) + 1.13
8. Guillaume Martin (fra) + 1.16
9. Torstein Træen (nor) + 1.27
10. Sam Oomen (nld) 1.55
The peloton splits after approximately 30 kilometres. Steven Kruijswijk attacks from the first group of 28 riders and he opens a small gap. The Dutchman is caught, but he goes again with Soler, Teuns, Storer, Tolhoek, Devenyns, Vandenabeele, Reichenbach, Pacher, Herrada, Meintjes, and Ciccone.
The lead group opens a 1.30 minutes gap. Back in Barcelona it is down to 40 seconds.
Kruijswijk and Pacher head out together. The two extend their lead to 1 minute before they are brought back on the penultimate Montjuic climb. Carapaz and Johannessen counterattack with the other Gc riders in their wheel.
Buitrago goes alone when the climb flattens out, but he is caught on the last climb of the Volta a Catalunya.
Almeida, Ayuso, O’Connor, Johannessen and Higuita reach the summit first, while Carapaz rejoins them on descent. Quintana also regains contact, shortly followed by a small group.
Bagioli is among them and the Italian sprints to victory.
Sergio Higuita crosses the line in 9th position to seal the GC victory.
Another interesting read: route 7th stage 2022 Volta a Catalunya.
Volta a Catalunya 2022 stage 7: route, profile, more
Click on the images to zoom