Results 5th stage 2018 Tour of the Alps
1. Mark Padun (ukr)
2. George Bennett (nzl) + 0.05
3. Jan Hirt (cze) + 0.06
4. Giulio Ciccone (ITa) s.t.
5. Ben O’Connor (aus) s.t.
6. Thibaut Pinot (fra) + 0.09
7. Miguel Ángel López (col) s.t.
8. Chris Froome (gbr) s.t.
9. Domenico Pozzovivo (ita) s.t.
10. Kenny Elissonde (fra) + 0.11
Final GC 2018 Tour of the Alps
1. Thibaut Pinot (fra)
2. Domenico Pozzovivo (ita) + 0.15
3. Miguel Ángel López (col) s.t.
4. Chris Froome (gbr) + 0.16
5. George Bennett (nzl) + 1.00
6. Fabio Aru (ita) + 1.19
7. Ben O’Connor (aus) + 1.33
8. Luis León Sánchez (spa) + 1.35
9. Giulio Ciccone (ita) + 1.42
10. Jan Hirt (cze) + 1.48
At km 25 Bidard, Bagioli, Rodriguez, Anton, Gavazzi, Andreetta, Senni and Niv join forces. Mosca chases them down and the nine race to a lead of more than 8 minutes.
In the first round on the Worlds-circuit the lead has fallen below 1 minute when De la Cruz and Visconti bridge across. The front group is brought back in the second round before López and Visconti attack.
The Colombian heads out alone on the last climb up the Olimpia. Pinot goes after him with Ellisonde, Hirt and Pozzovivo on his wheel. Froome bridges across a little later. But when Pozzovivo leaves, Pinot is the only one with a reaction. They catch López.
The leaders reach the crest 20 seconds ahead of the group Froome. Aru has been dropped and is 50 seconds in arrears.
Back in Innsbruck the chasers rejoin the front group. Padun goes alone with 4 kms to go and Bennett tries to track him down, but without success. The 21-year old Ukrainian solos to his first pro-win ahead of Bennet and Hint, who wins the group-sprint.
Thibaut Pinot pockets the overall classification and steps in the shoes of Geraint Thomas.
Tour of the Alps 2018 stage 5: Route maps, height profiles, and more
Click on the images to zoom
Details start in Rattenberg (1)
Details start in Rattenberg (2)
Details finish in Innsbrucko
Route final kilometres