Results 10th stage 2015 Giro
1. Nicola Boem (ita)
2. Matteo Busato (ita) s.t.
3. Alessandro Malaguti (ita) + 0.02
4. Alan Marangoni (ita) + 0.04
5. Giacomo Nizzolo (ita) + 0.18
6. Sacha Modolo (ita) s.t.
7. André Greipel (ger) s.t.
8. Luka Mezgec (slo) s.t.
9. Nicola Ruffoni (ita) s.t.
10. Davide Appollonio (ita) s.t.
20. Fabio Aru (ita) s.t.
31. Alberto Contador (spa) s.t.
105. Richie Porte (aus) + 1.05
GC after stage 10
1. Alberto Contador (spa)
2. Fabio Aru (ita) + 0.03
3. Mikel Landa (spa) + 0.46
4. Dario Cataldo (ita) + 1.16
5. Roman Kreuziger (cze) + 1.46
6. Giovanni Visconti (ita) + 2.02
7. Rigoberto Uran (col) + 2.10
8. Damiano Caruso (ita) + 2.20
9. Andrey Amador (crc) + 2.24
10. Leopold König (cze) + 2.30
12. Richie Porte (aus) + 3.09
In stage 10 it is Gatto, Boem, Malaguti, Busato and Marangoni forming the breakaway. All day long the five Italians race in the frontline, yet the pack holds them on a leash and for kilometres the gain lingers at 3 to 4 minutes.
With 20 km’s left it’s down to 2 minutes, but the chasers are not racing fast enough and with 6 km’s to go the gap still is 1 minute. Bad luck for Gatto when he puntured with 12 km’s left.
Marangoni tries his luck in the streets of Forli but Boem brings him back and he powers to victory on his home-soil.
After puncturing when the pack was chasing the escapees in the last kilometres, Porte doesn’t make it back and he loses precious time to his rivals. Even more disturbing for him is he is docked 2 minutes afterwards for taking Simon Clarke’s front wheel. This is prohibited by the “non-regulation assistance to a rider from another team”-rule of UCI.
Giro 2015 stage 10: Route maps, height profile, and more
Click on the images to zoom.