Results 15th stage Tour de France 2021
1. Sepp Kuss (usa)
2. Alejandro Valverde (spa) + 0.23
3. Wout Poels (nld) + 1.15
4. Ion Izagirre (spa) s.t.
5. Ruben Guerreiro (pol) s.t.
6. Nairo Quintana (col) s.t.
7. David Gaudu (fra) s.t.
8. Daniel Martin (irl) + 1.22
9. Franck Bonnamour (fra) s.t.
10. Aurélien Paret Peintre (fra) s.t.
20. Enric Mas (spa) + 4.51
21. Jonas Vingegaard (den) s.t.
22. Tadej Pogacar (slo) s.t.
23. Richard Carapaz (ecu) s.t.
24. Rigoberto Uran (col) s.t.
25. Wilco Kelderman (nld) s.t.
26. Ben O’Connor (aus) s.t.
27. Alexey Lutsenko (kaz) + 5.22
28. Pello Bilbao (spa) s.t.
33. Guillaume Martin (fra) + 8.45
GC after stage 15
1. Tadej Pogacar (slo)
2. Rigoberto Uran (col) + 5.18
3. Jonas Vingegaard (den) + 5.32
4. Richard Carapaz (ecu) + 5.33
5. Ben O’Connor (aus) + 5.58
6. Wilco Kelderman (nld) + 6.16
7. Alexey Lutsenko (kaz) + 7.01
8. Enric Mas (spa) + 7.11
9. Guillaume Martin (fra) + 7.58
10. Pello Bilbao (spa) + 10.59
De Gendt, Woods, Juul-Jensen and Donovan attack from the gun. The four are brought back before De Gendt goes alone. Kruijswijk, Martin (Dan), Paret-Peintre, Guerreiro, Teuns, Henao and Bernard are the first riders to track the Flemish breakaway specialist down before KOM leader Woods, Poels, Van Aert, Kuss, Valverde, Nibali, Van Baarle, Pöstlberger, Gaudu, Izagirre, Matthews, Quintana, Castroviejo, Elissonde, Alaphilippe, Ballerini, Powless, Mohoric, Armirail, Madouas, Fernández, Donovan, Latour and Bonnamour join the lead group after 30 kilometres.
Poels outsprints Van Aert and Woods at the summit of the Montée de Mont-Louis, while Van Aert is the first rider over the Col de Puymorens. Poels sprints to second place, Woods is third.
Several leaders lose contact on the Port d’Envalira, while Quintana goes solo in the last 1.5 kilometres of the climb. He reaches the summit 30 seconds ahead of Van Aert, Poels, Woods, and 13 other riders.
They bring back Quintana in the descent, while Martin (Guillaume) loses contact in the yellow jersey group. The runner-up on GC reaches the valley with a 30 seconds deficit.
Quintana strikes as soon as he hits the Col de Beixalis. Valverde brings eight riders back to the wheel of the Colombian before Kuss counter attacks 5 kilometres before the top.
Carapaz strikes in the GC group and both Pogacar and Vingegaard follow his movement. The other top 10 riders – except Martin and Cattaneo – bridge across later, while Lutsenko loses contact after several accelerations by Pogacar and Vingegaard.
Kuss reaches the summit 20 seconds ahead of Valverde. He extends his lead in the descent to win the first Tour de France stage in his career.
Valverde finishes in second, while the new KOM leader Poels wins the sprint for place three.
The yellow jersey group comes home almost 5 minutes behind the stage winner. Uran and Vingegaard move back up on the podium, as Martin loses almost 4 minutes and drops down to the ninth position.
Another interesting read: route 15th stage 2021 Tour de France.
Tour de France 2021 stage 15: routes, profiles, more
Click on the images to zoom