Results 13th stage Tour de France
1. Greg Van Avermaet (bel)
2. Peter Sagan (svk) s.t.
3. Jan Bakelants (bel) + 0.03
4. John Degenkolb (ger) + 0.7
5. Paul Martens (ger) s.t.
6. Chris Froome (gbr) s.t.
7. Vincenzo Nibali (ita) s.t.
8. Alberto Contador (spa) s.t.
9. Alejandro Valverde (spa) s.t.
10. Tejay van Garderen (spa) s.t.
GC after stage 13
1. Chris Froome (gbr)
2. Tejay van Garderen (usa) + 2.52
3. Nairo Quintana (col) + 3.09
4. Alejandro Valverde (spa) + 3.58
5. Geraint Thomas (gbr) + 4.03
6. Alberto Contador (spa) + 4.04
7. Robert Gesink (nld) + 5.32
8. Tony Gallopin (fra) + 7.32
9. Vincenzo Nibali (ita) + 7.47
10. Bauke Mollema (nld) + 8.02
11. Warren Barguil (fra) + 9.43
Cyril Gautier, Wilco Kelderman, Thomas De Gendt and Alexandre Geniez get clear in the first kilometre and they are accompanied by Haas and Périchon. Swiftly the six race to a 4 minutes advantage before Giant takes control in the pack. The status quo is reached at 3 to 4 minutes, but with 90 km’s to go the gain grows to almost 5 minutes. Then Tinkoff-Saxo offers help and the former status quo is restored.
With 45 km’s left the gap drops below 3 minutes and 15 km’s later ther’s 2 minutes left. Orica GreenEdge is chasing also, so Matthews must feel fine.
Kelderman attacks with 14 km’s to go and only Gautier and De Gendt are able to follow. The trio creates sensation and they are only reeled in at the final climb. Kelderman is toughest, but with 250 metres left to climb he sees Sagan and Van Avermaet powering past him. The Flemish rider wins the stage and the Slovakian has to take comfort in the fact he puts points into Greipel.
Tour de France 2015 stage 13: Route maps, height profiles, and more
Click on the images to zoom.
Profile intermediate sprint
Final kilometres 13th stage
Start and finish at Google Maps