Results Strade Bianche Donne 2019
1. Annemiek van Vleuten (nld)
2. Annika Langvad (den) + 0.37
3. Kasia Niewiadoma (pol) + 0.40
4. Marta Bastianelli (ita) + 0.44
5. Uttrup Cecile Ludwig (den) + 0.44
6. Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio (rsa) + 0.51
7. Marianne Vos (nld) + 0.52
8. Janneke Ensing (nld) + 0.54
9. Anna van der Breggen (nld) + 1.28
10. Chantal Blaak (nld) + 1.50
Anja Longyka and Chiara Perini are the first riders to jump clear, while Jelena Eric and Ilaria Saguineti chase them down. The four widen the gap to 35 seconds before they are reeled in on the second dust road.
It is gruppo compatto when tackling sector 5, which is a tough one. Lucinda Brand and Karol-Ann Canuel open up a gap, while Amanda Spratt crashes out of contention. Marianne Vos, Soraya Paladin and Marta Bastianelli bridge across to the front group, but the five are brought back by a reduced peloton. Only 35 riders left.
Heading for sector 6 a number of riders make it back to the main group, while others try to break free. All attacks are neutralised.
Now heading for the last dust road with a front group of ten. Chantal Blaak accelerates inside the last 13.5 kilometres with Janneke Ensing on her wheel. They are brought back on the Le Tolfe climb before Annemiek van Vleuten counter-attacks. She opens up a gap of 40 seconds and wins the race solo. Annika Langvad finishes in second, Kasia Niewiadoma in third.
Strade Bianche for women 2019: route, elevation, more
Click on the images to zoom