Results 19th stage Tour de France 2014
1. Ramunas Navardauskas (lit)
2. John Degenkolb (Ger) + 0.07
3. Alexander Kristoff (Nor) s.t
4. Mark Renshaw (aus) s.t.
5. Danielle Benatti (ita) s.t.
6. Alessandro Petacchi (ita) s.t.
7. Samuel Dumoulin (fra) s.t.
8. Julien Simon (fra) s.t.
9. Sep Vanmarcke (bel) s.t.
10. Jurgen Roelandts (bel) s.t.
GC after stage 19th stage
1. Vincenzo Nibali (ita)
2. Thibaut Pinot (fra) + 7.10
3. Jean-Christophe Peraud (USA) + 7.23
4. Alejandro Valverde (spa) + 7.25
5. Romain Bardet (fra) + 9.27
6. Tejay van Garderen (USA) + 11.34
7. Bauke Mollema (Nld) + 13.56
8. Laurens ten Dam (Nld) + 14.15
9. Leopold König (Cze) + 14.37
10. Haimar Zubeldia (spa) + 16.25
11. Pierre Rolland (fra) + 17.48
12. Fränk Schleck (lux) + 21.33
13. Jurgen Van den Broeck (bel) + 29.58
14. Joeri Trofimov (rus) + 32.30
15. Steven Kruijswijk (Nld) + 34.30
Gautier is the first to attack and he is joined by Elmiger (image), Gérard and Slagter. When Pinot and Sagan try to bridge the gap the peloton decides otherwise. Taaramäe is the only one to be given the privelige of riding to the front of the race. The five lead the pack by a maximum gain of a little over 3 minutes.
Cannondale controls the break, but the team with a plan is Garmin. With 30 kilometres left Slagter goes solo, whilst his former companions are reeled in at 22 kilometres. The Dutchman is caught atop Côte de Monbazillac by his team mate Navardauskas. The Lithuanian rider takes over. He is within sight of the pack but he powers away to a gap of half a minute.
With 1.5 kilometres to go his gain is 0´14´ and that´s enough for the strong time trialist. Degenkolb wins the sprint of a pack without Sagan, because he was one of the riders who crashed in the finale.
Tour de France 2014 stage 19: Images and more
Click on the images to zoom