Results La Flèche Wallonne Femmes 2018
1. Anna van der Breggen (nld)
2. Ashleigh Moolman (rsa) + 0.02
3. Megan Guarnier (usa) s.t.
4. Annemiek van Vleuten (nld) + 0.06
5. Amanda Spratt (aus) + 0.17
6. Shara Gillow (aus) + 0.19
7. Sabrina Stultiens (nld) + 0.22
8. Sofia Bertizzolo (ita) z.t
9. Anastasia Iakovenko (rus) + 0.25
10. Margarita Victoria Garcia (spa) + 0.28
At 30 km Doris Schweizer opens up a 1 minute gap. She holds on to it for an hour before she is accompanied by Ane Santesteban, Omer Shapira, Tereza Medvedova and Dalia Muccioli. Santesteban is the first rider over the first climb, Cote d’Ereffe, still more than 1 minute ahead of the peloton, but then the lead comes down fast.
The front group is caught on the Côte de Cherave before Ferrand-Prévot strikes. Van der Breggen, Niewiadadoma, Longo Borghini and other favourites join her. Before tackling the Wall of Huy for the first time Guarnier, Ferrand-Prévot, Ensing and Spratt head out together.
At the base of the last time up the Côte de Cherave the leaders are 45 seconds ahead of the main group, which is halved at the top.
Halfway up the Wall of Huy the attackers are caught. Then Moolman attacks and Van der Breggen, Van Vleuten and Guarnier jump to her wheel. The title defender distances the others to win the race 10 metres ahead of Moolman with her ream-mate Guarnier a little bit further back.
Read also: route La Flèche Wallonne Femmes 2018
La Flèche Wallonne Femmes 2018: Route maps, height profiles, and more
Click on the images to zoom.