Tour of Oman 2015: Results 6th stage
1. Matthias Brändle (Aut)
2. Iljo Keisse (Bel) + 0.04
3. Jef Van Meirhaeghe (Bel) + 0.13
4. Danny Pate (USA) + 0.16
5. Peter Sagan (Svk) + 1.16
6. Ramon Sinkeldam (Nld) s.t.
7. Nacer Bouhanni (Fra) s.t.
8. Alexander Kristoff (Nor) s.t.
9. Alexey Lutsenko (Kaz) s.t.
10. Sam Bennett (Irl) s.t.
GC Tour of Oman 2015
1. Rafael Valls (Spa)
2. Tejay van Garderen (USA) + 0.09
3. Alejandro Valverde (Spa) + 0.19
4. Rafal Majka (Pol) + 0.32
5. Jacques J. van Rensburg (Rsa) + 1.04
6. Louis Meintjes (Rsa) + 1.08
7. Jakob Fuglsang (Den) + 1.10
8. Ben Hermans (Bel) + 1.15
9. Julián Arredondo (Col) + 1.25
10. Patrick Konrad (Aut) + 1.36
Surprise surprise. Just like in every break in this year’s Tour of Oman Jef Van Meirhaeghe is present. He is accompanied by Iljo Keisse, Matthias Brandle and Danny Pate. Jelle Wallays tries to bridge the gap, but het is too late and after desperately chasing for a while he is reeled in by the peloton.
With 30 km’s done the escapees enjoy a 4’35” gain and it balloons to a comfortable 9 minutes.
The escapees hold their ground in the zone with a few climbs. Atop of the last one, Al Jissah, the gap remains 5’40”. It keeps getting down and when they cross the finish line for the first time 3’30 is left.
But the escapees manage to stay away with Brändle breaking free in the final lap. Peter Sagan is fastest in the bunch, while Rafael Valls takes the overall.
Tour of Oman 2015 stage 6: Images and more
Click on the images to zoom.